Wednesday, August 1, 2007

MUSIC AND SPIRITUALITY

I was twelve years old when I started performing onstage professionally. A group of us put together a benefit concert, educating the public on their choices: to be happy, to be at peace in themselves and in the world, to accept the responsibilities of their actions, and to protect the earth. Our mission, my mission, was to heal the world with music.

Since, I've incorporated spiritual practice into my work. It's been more than ten years since I began training as a yogi and meditator. I remember when I was young hugging trees and touching the earth. I was born with an innate sensitivity to energy, to the energetic body.
The integration of music and spirituality is essential. Music is that unseen energy that affects us so profoundly, that stays with us, that touches our heart, that is so much a part of our lives even when we are not aware of it.

Spirituality is such an individualized thing--the way we get in touch with our spiritual nature is unique to our experience. To know the truth of who you are you must live that impalpable you. When you live that thing, you become real, and that experience, that holy experience becomes something you can touch.

I've put online all the beautiful spiritual orations from Tuesday Night Mindfulness Group as well as retreats we've offered in Las Vegas and Southern Utah. Please feel free to listen to the clips offered on my web-site. And let me know how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment