Wednesday, August 1, 2007

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET A REAL JOB?

TO THE ARTIST WHO LISTENS TO THOSE VOICES...Tell them to GET REAL!

Music is as close as I get to having a 'real' job. This work requests my full attention twenty-four hours a day. I give it about sixteen, particularly when I'm cutting an album, laying down tracks and mastering. This is an indie's work–relatively quick turn around. I don't expect to sound as well as the pros, but I do expect to get more out of my listeners than any Top 40 recording artist would. I ask for your time, your love, and your commitment to life, healing and recovery. What are we to recover from? From forgetfulness, from running on auto-pilot, and from sinking into despair, anger, hatred, ignorance and greed. Simply, WAKE UP! Make a shift in consciousness that will liberate you, and will bring you back to love, where all beings and the earth can benefit.

The most challenging part of music is putting into practice the message of the music. I can talk about enlightenment all I want in a song, but it is another thing to bring that enlightenment into my way of life.

1 comment: